My Blog List

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kolkata boy ranks third in nationwide law test

Bengal's Rudrajit Ghosh came out with flying colours in this year's Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), securing the third spot on the merit list. A simple boy, he loves playing soccer and is an ardent Barcelona fan, particularly of Lionel Messi.

"I never expected to score such high marks and top the merit list. I believe last-minute studies assisted me to bag a high rank. Though I studied hard, it was not too often that I had stayed up late. Like any other student, I preferred using my time during the day. When the results were announced, it came to me as a pleasant surprise,'' Rudrajit said from his Uttarpara home.

Rudrajit's parents are elated with the result. "What can be more heartening than seeing our son realize his dream. He was determined to become a lawyer since class X. As he had scored high marks in science subjects, we were a little disappointed when he wanted to study humanities in Plus Two. But he did so as it would help him prepare for the law entrance tests," said mother Rupa Ghosh, headmistress of a school in Chandannagar.

A student of Methodist school in Dankuni, Rudrajit was always a school topper. "My score in the ISC examination is 95.75%. I was confident of securing a good rank as I was well prepared for the exam," said Rudrajit.

Neither a cricket fan nor a film buff, Rudrajit spends free time reading and playing soccer. "I like classics. It enriches knowledge of English literature. I play soccer every evening and didn't stop even in the run-up to the national law entrance test. Soccer gives me oxygen to study," he added.

His first preference will be the National University of Juridical Science in Bangalore. "I have not yet decided on my specialization. But I may take up corporate law, intellectual property or international arbitration," he said.

His father, a railway officer, plans to take up more assignments in Bangalore. "Though happy, my parents are worried because I have never lived outside home," Rudrajit said.

Debating and winning awards in several competitions gave the topper the confidence to study law. "I am aware that law involves a lot of studying. But, I am confident of scoring high marks," he said.

When asked about his success mantra, Rudrajit said, "To crack CLAT, it is important to know what to skip and which topics to study. I know several students who had prepared better for the entrance examination but couldn't crack the test. There is too much to study, but preparing a list of reference material is compulsory."

He believes the legal profession fetches good money and reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment